Friday, November 18, 2005

1/7/04

The Lake (3 of 3)
There's a little song I can hear my dad sing in my mind clear as anything. I think of it often, and now that he's gone - when it pops into my mind it's almost like a message between us.
I'm gonna sit right down and write myself a letter.
And make believe it came from you.
I'm gonna write things oh so sweet, they're gonna knock me off my feet.
A lot of kisses at the bottom, I'll be glad I got 'em.
I'm gonna say I hope that you are feeling better.
And close with love the way you always do.
I'm gonna sit right down and write myself a letter.
And make believe it came from you!
Written by
sunflowerkat321 .

This entry has 3 comments:
Wow I loved this story...wondeful memories and a beautiful house. I can't believe your dad built it. I love the picture of all the girls up there. So special.Comment from redhdka - 1/8/04 12:53 AM

Boy, did I need THAT summer story right now! Feeling very sorry for myself with the hideous weather here in Oregon. I see now why you swim for a living.... And the picture is great! Lisa :-]Comment from mlraminiak - 1/7/04 12:30 PM

This song is so beautiful. And your memories from your summers at the lake are wonderful. It's so great to be a kid and spend your whole summer in a bathing suit. Hope your husband gets better soon. I hear you on the "Mom can't get sick" thing. Who has time???????Comment from karensull12 - 1/7/04 9:45 AM

No comments: